You don't have to be an artist to wrap a nice gift. Therefore, we have also prepared a printable moveable squirrel gift tag for you!
The moveable paper squirrel may be used either as a decorative tag to adorn your holiday gifts or as an original Christmas tree decoration. The method is very easy and quick, so you will definitely have fun when making the squirrel. Just print out the template, listen to nice music, drink a cup of hot tea and leave all your worries behind. After all, Christmas is a time of peace and joy!
DIFFICULTY: very easy
TIME: 15 min
WHAT YOU WILL NEED: Squirrel template to print out (download here) / Small poppers / Wrapping paper / String / Scissors / Paper punch
- Download the paper squirrel template from our website. Print it out onto white card using a colour printer. In case your printer does not allow printing on card, just use normal paper. Thereafter, paste the back of the normal paper with the card.
- Using a pair of scissors, cut around the separate parts of the squirrel along the indicated lines. You see the black dots. These are the points for connecting all the parts of the squirrel together. Before starting punching the holes, check that the poppers are slightly larger than the holes.
- Position the legs and tail on the holes in the squirrel body and attach them by inserting the poppers. The squirrel will move thanks to these poppers.
- Finally, write a name or a Christmas message on the back side of the tag. Attach the tag to a nicely wrapped gift using the string.
- If you want to use the paper squirrel as a Christmas tree decoration, just stick a small string loop on the squirrel back side.
We hope, the squirrel will make you and your family happy!
You will find the squirell template here.
Photo: Radostina Boseva for SOFFA magazine