Today, we have prepared for you a goody that our grandmothers taught us and our mothers brought to perfection. An Apple Strudel is a dessert that never last so long in our homes. It is not that it would not be durable, but it disappears so quickly that it often do not even get form baking sheet to the plate.
30 min + 30 min baking
MAKES: 2 rolls
INGREDIENTS: 1 pack of filo pastry / 10 apples / a little flour / 4 handfuls of raisins / 4 handfuls of walnuts / 6 tablespoons of granulated sugar / 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar / 1 egg / 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- Chop the walnuts. Peel apples, cored them and grate into a larger bowl.
- Divide the dough into two parts. Roll out each one into thin oblong shape on a lightly floured pastry board.
- Sprinkle the middle part of the dough with a spoon of breadcrumbs, which absorb the juice from apples. Spread a quarter of shredded fruit at it. Cover with granulated sugar. Sprinkle a handful of raisins, a handful of chopped nuts and a half teaspoon of ground cinnamon on the top.
- Cover again with another quarter of the grated apples, granulated sugar, raisins, nuts and a half teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on the top.
- Cover fill with rest parts of the dough.
- Move strudel on a baking tray covered with baking paper and repeat with the second part of the pastry.
- Mix the egg in a cup and spread it on the two strudels.
- Place them in a preheated oven and bake at 180 ° C until golden brown.
- Cut the warm strudel cross-wisely into pieces and serve sprinkled with powdered sugar.