Roasted Tomato and Chickpea Soup Video Recipe
David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl of the Green Kitchen Stories blog are the current stars of the modern vegetarian kitchen. In their cookbook The Green Kitchen, they present more than one hundred sweet and savoury recipes combining everyday kitchen ingredients with fresh, seasonal offerings. Here we share their delicious soup made from baked tomatoes, which you can easily take to work as a light lunch.
Roasted Tomato & Chickpea Soup
What you need:
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, halved
- 450 g cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 4 sprigs of fresh oregano, pick the leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed with the side of a knife
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- plain yoghurt and a few oregano leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Place the tomatoes, chickpeas, oregano, paprika and garlic on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, place in the oven and bake for about an hour, or until the tomatoes are slightly blackened in places and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven, save a few chickpeas for garnish, scrape all remaining ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add a little water if needed.
- Serve in bowls or glasses with a dollop of yoghurt, fresh oregano leaves and a few roasted chickpeas on top. Especially delicious when served with a slice of sourdough bread.
Watch @Benandkens on Instagram take us through their kitchen as they prepare this delicious recipe found pressed within the pages of our mini cookbook.
recipe: David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl (@gkstories) | text: editorial team | video: Ben&Kensey / www.benandkensey.com