Breakfast Recipe: Gluten-Free Coconut Porridge
‘A hearty breakfast is key,’ says Iveta from the Czech company Ecce Vita. Together with Gabriela from the Petr & Gabi foodies blog, Ecce Vita has developed a recipe for a gluten and lactose-free breakfast that takes only a few minutes to prepare. Ecce Vita’s work is inspired by holistic medicine, including Ayurveda, functional medicine and modern naturopathy. For nearly twenty years they have been supplying herbal supplements and teas, vegan food, superfoods and their own, locally made cosmetics.
In this porridge recipe you will enjoy the taste of a vitamin-packed dried berry mix, which shields the body from oxidative stress, combined with quality cinnamon, a digestion and detoxification aid. The porridge is sweetened with organic sugar made from unrefined sugar cane and garnished with red rose buds from China, picked and dried in spring. Energy-packed rose buds that sit beautifully in your bowl.
What you need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 7 tablespoons gluten-free oats
- 6 tablespoons grated coconut
- ¼ teaspoon organic ground cinnamon Ecce Vita
- 1 tablespoon antioxidant mix Ecce Vita
- 1 heaped teaspoon organic sugar from unrefined sugarcane Ecce Vita
- handful of pecans
- Chinese red rose buds Ecce Vita
- 1 teaspoon antioxidant mix Ecce Vita
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Spoon into a bowl and garnish with nuts, rose buds and antioxidant mix.
- Tips: Keep chunks of ripe bananas in your freezer. Frozen bananas taste better than fresh ones in smoothies and porridge and have a creamier consistency. It is also good to soak oats to help with their digestion. Soak the oats in water overnight and then rinse several times before blending with the other ingredients.
partner for the recipe: Ecce Vita | text: editorial team and Gabriela Ogurčáková | photo and styling: Gabriela Ogurčáková